Praise for Arkle

"...[B]rilliant!" Michael R. Mennenga, Farpoint Media

"I'm just enjoying the f*** out of your podcast." Jack Jaffee, author of Down The Road.

"...[L]isteners, I hope you enjoy it." J.C. Hutchins, author of the 7th Son trilogy

"I've been on [The Casting Game] and it's pretty cool." Christiana Ellis, author of Nina Kimberley the Merciless

05 October 2011

Goodbye Steve Jobs

Much as I mock Apple and Mac products on my various podcasts, I do have two iPods, and I'm glad to have them. The iPod has, albeit in an indirect way, had a major impact on my life. I'm not a better person today than I was before the iPod came into my life because of the iPod itself, but having been given my Dad's hand-me-down iPod shuffle in 2004 led me to podcasts, which led me to the podcasting community, which led to new friends and new inspirations. I finished my first novel, I stopped being so self-conscious about my voice. I became less shy at sci-fi conventions. And I even got better at controlling my temper. These things might well have happened without the iPod. I listen to Podcasts at home as well, streaming from the website as opposed to through ear buds. But that's hypothetical. What is real is where I am today, and it was because of a little device made by the company Steve Jobs, who died today of the same type of cancer that killed Patrick Swayze, created was the doorway into the community that helped make it possible for me to be the person that roughly 2,000 of you a month know and love.

So thanks Steve. Your work will live on.

No comments: