Praise for Arkle

"...[B]rilliant!" Michael R. Mennenga, Farpoint Media

"I'm just enjoying the f*** out of your podcast." Jack Jaffee, author of Down The Road.

"...[L]isteners, I hope you enjoy it." J.C. Hutchins, author of the 7th Son trilogy

"I've been on [The Casting Game] and it's pretty cool." Christiana Ellis, author of Nina Kimberley the Merciless

31 July 2011

I didn't want to do this, but, a guy's gotta eat

During my unemployment this year I regretfully had to accept food donations from my family so I could use what little money I had to pay my bills. I was grateful, but also, they are only slightly better off than I am financially speaking.

Long story short, I'm in a pinch, and I don't want to burden them again, especially when it's not a long term problem like when I couldn't find a job. Basically, my last paycheck was smaller than I expected given the extra hours I'd gotten at work, and as a result (well, that and a used video game purchase that in hindsight was a dumb move) I had enough to pay my most important bills, and I had about $5 left for food. For 14 days. Now, I had some stuff left in my fridge and my cabinets, and I get a discount at work, but as of the evening of tomorrow, Monday, August 1st, I'll be pretty much tapped. My only option then will be the very UN-vegan friendly free samples at the supermarket across the street. So, I'm calling on my legion of fans to help out. I don't particularly enjoy this very much either, and I'm still floored at the people who helped me 4 years ago when my ex-roommate left me so deep in the hole I nearly got evicted, but, this is only my second dip at this pool, as opposed to my family who I had to get food from during the job hunt like 5 or 6 times. In 2 months.

So, I've started a Chip In account for some food funds for the next week. Thankfully, I'm not asking for a lot. I done some quick math, and basically, $35 should be plenty. In fact, I may be overestimating. Now, my shows have roughly 2000 downloads a month. That's 2000 fans. I'm just hoping that 35 of you can spare a dollar. That's 1.75% of the combined listener-ship to Gilmore Girls Re-watch, Singular Achievement Phenomenon, Geek of all Trades, and The Casting Game.



The close date on this is the 5th. And if you're a fan of the Gilmore Girls Re-watch or SAP podcasts, get in touch with me, and I'll see about making you guest co-hosts for an episode of either show. Though if there are actually 35 of you I'll have to spread that out a bit. ;-)

Thanks for your consideration. The lights are on at Arkle Studios. We just need to make sure the guy manning the computers doesn't collapse on the job. ;-)

No comments: