Praise for Arkle

"...[B]rilliant!" Michael R. Mennenga, Farpoint Media

"I'm just enjoying the f*** out of your podcast." Jack Jaffee, author of Down The Road.

"...[L]isteners, I hope you enjoy it." J.C. Hutchins, author of the 7th Son trilogy

"I've been on [The Casting Game] and it's pretty cool." Christiana Ellis, author of Nina Kimberley the Merciless

29 January 2009

An open call for help

OK, so my current computer has some pictures, podcast stuff, songs, etc. I would like to move over to my new one. Here's the problem. My current PC will not recognize any USB devices except for my USB mouse anymore. My DVD burner, my flash drives, nothing. So I can't transfer files to them. And the reason I had an external DVD burner drive in the first place is because the one that the computer came with was busted an wouldn't burn anything to any disc anymore.

I can still access all these files. The pictures are (near as I can tell, because I've not time to visually inspect every single one) all fine, the songs, the final 3 episodes of Morevi which I'm glad I downloaded well before this mess happened, StarCraft, all the files currently on this hard drive work fine.

The only problem is that thanks to no internet connection and no USB recognition and no working CD/DVD-R burner I have no way to save these files and move them over to my brand new PC, which I have not yet hooked up for this reason.

Does anyone out there know what I can do? I mean, I know that multiple PCs can be connected, but I do not know what kind I would need, if I have them already or not, or how.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. You can leave a comment here, since I will be able to come down to campus Friday and will have access to e-mail, or you can send it to arkle@comcast.net. If you've never sent me an e-mail before, please include the words "file salvaging" in the subject line so I don't accidentally delete it.

No comments: